Browse through our active career opportunities in Vancouver, London, and Sydney. For more information, please email email@example.com
"Working for Syscon gives me the chance to use the latest enterprise tools to architect software to solve tough business challenges in a very unique market."
Summary of work:
Creates high quality software solutions by designing, developing and implementing Enterprise Java based software components. Applies JEE best practice blueprints and patterns. Actively participates in enhancing of existing software usability, performance and maintainability. Delivers high quality software by developing and conducting quality assurance tests. Good team player that effectively communicates and shares knowledge with other team members.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines objectives by analyzing requirements, envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops software applications.
- Ensures conceptual integrity by following overall system architecture.
- Follows adopted design/development methodologies, patterns and tool sets.
- Develops unit, integration and functional tests.
- Completes application development on time by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities.
- Active team player contributing to the team success.
- Ensures code maintainability by writing clean, well-documented code.
- Keeps up to date knowledge by researching new frameworks/technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Willing to embrace challenges and enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- A successful candidate is familiar with JEE standards, knowledgeable in modern frameworks and trends. Has a good understanding and practical application experience of various JEE frameworks such as JSF, RichFaces, EJB, CDI, Hibernate, jBPM, JAXB, WS-*, XML.
- Understanding of SOA concepts.
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience using JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (or another JEE container).
- Understanding benefits of Test Driven Development and Context Dependency Injection.
- Hands-on experience with utility tools such as Maven, Subversion as well as various operating systems such as Linux and MS Windows are also in asset.
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, technical writing skills, effective communication skills, multi-tasking and time-management skills, organization skills, and interpersonal skills.
- A successful candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in JEE design and development.
- A successful candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, information systems or software engineering systems, computer science, computer programming or a related discipline.
- Continuing education in IT field and relevant certifications are in asset.
Syscon Justice Systems Ltd.
6500 River Road, 2nd Floor
Richmond, BC V6X 1X5
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.