Browse through our active career opportunities in Vancouver, London, and Sydney. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
"Working for Syscon gives me the chance to use the latest enterprise tools to architect software to solve tough business challenges in a very unique market."
Director of North American Sales Operations
Our team wants to go to jail and we need your help. With innovative, new products to support the information management needs of jails and prisons around the world, Syscon needs an experienced, action-oriented director of sales operations to help us achieve our aggressive sales objectives.
You are passionate about running highly effective sales teams. You know first-hand what works and what doesn’t in the management of sales assets who are remotely based. You have experience in establishing and maintaining forecasting processes, and working with senior leadership to provide clear insights into overall sales team performance. You can lead and coach with the best of them, and you are comfortable being on the road to support your team as necessary.
We are a global leader in the development and delivery of detention and offender management systems. The investments we have made in new technology and products to serve our markets have us positioned for significant growth. Our new Director of North American Sales Operations will help to drive success against our aggressive growth objectives. You will work closely with the VP Marketing & Sales, the marketing manager, and all sales team resources to ensure we are fully integrated in our efforts to identify new opportunities and cultivate them to a successful outcome. You will provide our teams in Professional Services and Finance with clear and consistent visibility into the pipeline.
Summary of work:
Work directly with the VP Marketing and Sales to deliver effective management of all North American sales resources covering both jail and prison segments.
Key Accountabilities, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing sales growth strategies, tactics and action plans for all North American segments.
- Working with reps to effectively manage their named accounts and territories.
- Implementing and coaching best practices in enterprise sales behaviors, including use of SalesForce and development of individual close plans for each qualified opportunity.
- Implementing and owning monthly forecast meetings for Sales, Professional Services, and Finance teams.
- Ensure effective integration and management of ACT-On marketing automation and SalesForce CRM tools.
- Manage commission plans for all reps. Evaluate performance against quota for each rep.
- Work with the VP Marketing and Sales to develop teaming agreements for selected partners for specific RFP opportunities.
- Support sales reps in the field through periodic travel to meet with new prospects and/or existing clients.
- Establish regular sales team reporting cycles to support executive team and Board of Directors requirements.
- Establish a regular set of head-office meetings for the sales team to ensure effective training, understanding of products, and territory planning.
- Represent Syscon periodically at key industry events and trade shows. Be an evangelist for Syscon.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Prior experience in managing quota-carrying sales representatives.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from opportunity identification to close.
- Demonstrated ability to provide proactive sales team coaching and opportunity troubleshooting, including identification of viable win themes and competitive differentiation.
- Strong knowledge of forecasting and related sales reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with online B2B or B2G marketing approaches and/or deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong listening, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven planning and organisational skills.
- Evidence of maintaining long lasting client relationships.
- Minimum ten years in progressive sales roles in a software company, with preference given to business-to-business or business-to-government experience.
- BA or BComm in marketing, communications, or related discipline.
Syscon Justice Systems Ltd.
6500 River Road, 2nd Floor
Richmond, BC V6X 1X5
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.